Thursday, October 2, 2014

2 Ways to Challenge Grief



I totally agree, grief is a terrible, painful place. We are experience grief at one time or another; but nothing will prepare you when you lose a child. When my aunt lost her child, I couldn't understand what she was going through; until the day I lost mine. I can just remember, people telling my aunt keep praying and working on your grief; one day you'll find happiness again. Now, some people say the same thing to me. 

You can't really work on grief because it's a place that takes the life out of you. I used to be a very motivated woman; now all I want to do is stay home and hide. There are times; when I forget my keys in the house, wear my pajama's to the store and just forget that I'm living. This is what grief does to me. It makes me feel like a failure and I don't like to fail; so I'm taking this grief very hard. I know time will eventually make's things better. In reality it's not that time makes it better it's that you know how to deal with it; so you can move on.

Please share with me how you are moving on from grief. I need to hear other's stories, today is not a good day.